Athletics and Activities
The promotion of character building and supplementation to education are the best reasons for athletic programs. To this end, Cologne Academy athletics is an integral part of our educational program and is considered one dimension of the overall product. The athletic programs provide opportunities for learning experiences that are difficult to duplicate in other school activities.
The objectives of Cologne Academy Athletics include:
- To provide opportunities for athletic competition. Emphasis rests not on the number of games won or lost, but on the participants’ embracing the challenges of team work to achieve common goals.
- To be inclusive of all student-athletes; enable the gifted to excel, and the less gifted to participate and improve. “Star” athletes and teams do not receive exclusive attention.
- To help students realize that participation in athletics is a privilege with accompanying responsibilities, including academics and conduct.
- To provide activities that help create and promote school unity through learning, sportsmanship, self-discipline, loyalty, team play, pride in the organization, respect of the rights of others, and the will to do one’s best.
- To help student-athletes learn habits of health, conditioning, and safety.
- To have fun and enjoy the sport.