The Mission of Cologne Academy School Health Services is to keep students healthy in order to ensure academic success. The primary function of a school health program is to improve and promote all aspects of student health.
Emergency Contact-Health Census forms are required for every student to facilitate appropriate care for all students. These forms should be updated annually. Any changes need to be called in to the health office as they occur.
Please inform the school nurse of any specific health conditions your student may have. This is extremely important in planning for an optimal learning environment for your son/daughter.
Health Services are provided for all students in District 4188. There is a health associate in the health office each school day from 8:15 AM – 3:30 PM.
Contact the school health office anytime you have a question or concern about your child’s health. Health Associate Mary Suggs can be reached at (952) 466-2276 ext. 4035 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
A student will not be admitted to Cologne Academy if the building nurse suspects a student may have a contagious or communicable disease that has not been treated. According to the Minnesota Department of Health guidelines, students be excluded from school for the following reasons:
- Fever of 100 degrees or more, the student needs to stay home for 24 hours after the temperature returns to normal, without fever reducers.
- Vomiting or diarrhea, the student needs to stay home until 24 hours after the last episode.
- Any undiagnosed rash at the nurse’s discretion, the student needs to see the physician before admittance to school.
- Chickenpox, may return to school after the last pox have scabbed over, usually 7-10 days.
- Uncontrolled cough.
- Influenza, readmit when child feels well, and fever-free for 24 hours.
- Impetigo, may return to school 24 hours after treatment.
- Lice, may return after treatment and no live lice present.
- Pink eye, may return after 24 hours of treatment or no pus-like drainage.
- Ringworm, may return 24 hours after treatment.
- Scabies, may return 24 hours after treatment.
- Strep throat, may return 24 hours after antibiotic treatment.
- Pinworm, may return after treatment.
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease, may return 24 hours after fever free.
- Chicken Pox
- Chicken Pox Spanish
- Fifth Disease
- Hand, Foot, Mouth
- Head Lice
- Head Lice Spanish
- Norovirus (Spanish)
- Pertussis (Spanish)
- Pink Eye
- Ringworm (Spanish)
- Shingles (Zoster)
- Strep Throat/Scarlet Fever